AHLANA Community Scholars is a student success initiative that grows students’ capabilities and capacities to become young scholars.
As a result of participating in this program students will….
- Develop/strengthen their oral & written communication skills.
- Demonstrate and grow their capacity for successful navigation of changing
circumstances (success barriers).
- Understand & acquire a tolerance for ambiguity.
- Build and/or strengthen a healthy self-concept and sense of cultural pride.
- Understand how their cultural identities impact their decision making in their personal and leadership development.
- Integrate personal values into their leadership development and career plans.
- Demonstrate skills to develop a plan towards post college career success.
Workshop topics include:
- Wellness, Grit & Resiliency
- Self efficacy & Self Advocacy
- Cultural Pride
- Professional Mentoring
- Financial Empowerment
- Gender Equity in the Workplace
- Executive Leadership (How to’s from the Pros)
- Encouraging Scholarship in Men & Women of Color
For more information, please contact Stephanie Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org